There was a time when mortgaged jewelry items were stored in cloth pouches, which were knotted tightly with a drawstring and then sealed. Such pouches were vulnerable to wear-and-tear and major disadvantages, including:
- They are not tamper-proof because they can be easily opened by unauthorized persons.
- They are not tamper-evident because the pouches leave no traces to show that the seal has been tampered with.
- Record-keeping can be fudged because cloth pouches do not carry any identifiers.
- It is difficult to enter customer-related details such as name, account no, the weight of contents, internal audits, etc.
- Storing and retrieving cloth pouches are always tedious and require constant supervision.
The advent of gold loan envelopes is a boon for the banking and financial industry because these envelopes have none of the disadvantages peculiar to cloth pouches. Banks and financiers use transparent, tamper-proof/Tamper evident pouches to store mortgaged jewelry items as part of documentary record-keeping. In many ways, these pouches—also called “gold loan pouches”—are far better than cloth pouches.
Here are the advantages of gold loan envelopes:
- They are invariably strong and durable, being made from high-quality LDPE material of specific thickness, usually 70 microns and above.
- They have multilayer security, classified as tamper-proof and tamper-evident. Tamper-proof pouches which contain a layer of “hot melt” adhesive. When sealed, the envelope can only be cut open. Tamper-evident pouches display a “VOID” when someone tampers it.
- Each envelope also has a unique serial number along with barcode for identification and tracking.
- All necessary customer-related details can be written on the Gold Loan Pouch for easy, fast, and convenient referencing or cross-checking.
- Twin seal – so that no one can even cut from the sides of the pouch, it has security numbering as well.
There are three types of gold loan envelopes:
- One-time use pouch: These are single-use Gold Pouches that come with a single opening. Once valuable contents are placed inside. Once the pouch is sealed, it cannot be opened. To take the jewelry out you need to cut the pouch. These pouches cannot be reused.
- One-audit pouch: These are Gold Pouches that come with 1 additional perforated opening, so it is 2-time use pouch. The first time is used when primarily storing the gold in the locker for further auditing and checking the gold pouch is taken out from the locker and auditor should open from the perforation and seal it back with pre-glue strip given on the pouch in red or blue color. When sealed permanently, the pouch can only be opened by cutting it.
- Two-audit pouch: These are Gold Pouches that come with 2 additional perforated openings, so it is 3-time use pouch. The first time is used when primarily storing the gold in the locker for further auditing and checking, the gold pouch is taken out from the locker and should open from the first perforation and seal it back with pre-glue strip given on the pouch in red color. Again it can be opened for 2 nd audit purposes by the auditor and should open from the second perforation and seal it back with pre-glue strip given on the pouch in blue color, once the pouch is sealed it cannot be opened. To open, cut the pouch.
There is a special ink which is printed on the Gold Loan Pouch where it is possible to use ballpoint pens to write on the envelopes without any smudges. A tear-off receipt serves as the customer copy or internal record purpose.
Owing to the sensitive nature of items stored, it is important to be sure of the quality of the envelope and its ability to withstand storage conditions. If you would like to order or know more about customized gold loan envelopes, please feel free to call +91 9840086611 or send us an email at email@example.com.